Tuesday 10 January 2012

1% done


Yesterday I set out at 5:30 to test my field protocol – cycling and point counting. It went well, in fact so well that I would say I have completed the first 10 points of the survey. That is 10 out of 1000.

Other good news is that I have had my research proposal accepted by Eastern Cape Parks and Tourism ie I have permission to work in the Baviaanskloof.

Today I stretched my distance to 80km for my training ride along a circular route I have been dreaming of doing for a while that took me from Blue Hill at 1050m, north into the western most stretches of the catchment of the Olifants river at 700m, with a mixture of Karoo and Acacia thicket. Then it was 15km south down the N9, looking at well rested holiday faces heading back to Johannesburg and beyond, before getting back onto dirt for the final stretch home. Here are some pictures from along the way.

Grey backed Cisticola




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...